Wednesday, October 12, 2011

blog11

The way I would go about researching my community is to interview people. And ask them question like do you think the community is safe or what is the biggest issue living in this area. I think that it is very easy to research your own community because it’s your community. You live there and you have a firsthand view on what’s going on. You your self can identify the problem and make a solution. But the thing that you can’t do is see how people view your community. To you it might be your own personal little Disney land but the rest of humanity it’s a dump. You must research to prove them wrong. You must identify what the trends are in the neighborhood. Like, is there a recent neighborhood watch or are there recent burglaries in the area. I see now that we must know what is going on in our communities and we must know how to change what has happened in our communities. People are scared out their in the communities that I’m writing about and they just want answers to their problems. I think that it would be wise that we should take the law in or own hands if we see something wrong happening in our communities.

1 comment:

  1. One way to know what other people think of a community is to use the internet to see what the media is saying. I know that it may not be accurate but they are the ones telling people what a community is like. Once you know those misconceptions, it becomes easier to negate those incorrect perceptions. What neighborhood are you thinking about? I am curious if I know the area!

    ReplyDelete