Wednesday, October 26, 2011

blog12

his presentation  was good. I believed he got his point across. what I’m going to write about for my annotated bibliography is the south side of Chicago which is the area that I grew up. I was really interested in learning more about my community and how the neighborhood looked after a long period of time. I thought that I was really luck to be from this side of Chicago because you saw a arrange of people everyday in your life. the information that I found about the south side of Chicago was strikingly all negative. it was gun shooting, gang violence and rape. it made it seem that the south side of Chicago was the worst place to live in the world. it didn’t sound like the home I once knew. it sounded like a horror movie but it wasn’t it was real life and its dangerous and scary how real life can be. in the research that I’m doing, I’m going to find some light in the area I once called home

1 comment:

  1. I think that's a good idea. Have you looked at Reagan's blog at all? She's doing some research into the impact of urban agriculture on Englewood. She's also interested in challenging the negative framing of the South Side, so it might give you some ideas.

    ReplyDelete